Wednesday, April 23, 2008

 

Doors

In our house, we have no sliding doors. Therefore, chibiguri has little experience with said doors. However, the grandparents` house in Japan consists almost entirely of sliding doors, and chibiguri is fascinated by them.

He spends hours sliding the doors back and forth, apparently facinated by the way they move. And he likes to close them when people are approaching, and pretend they are crossing gates, and he is the conductor.

I suppose I should not be surprised by this- I recall that when I used to visit my own grandmother`s house, she had swinging doors, which we did not have in my parents` house. And I also used to spend a great amount of time playing with them, much to my own parents` frustration. So I can only say that like father, like son, and hope the fascination wears off in time.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?